Friday, November 14, 2008

A nice welcome home...

Sick children.

The second Michael picked me up from the airport, I could hear my children's snotty noses just by the way they talked. Oh well, little colds, no big deal.
2 hours later, I already had their "little cold".
1 day later, Hailey feels perfectly fine, her nose gets a little runny when she whines, but nothing more.
Me, still have a stinkin cold.
Aubrie, she now has croup. That's nice huh? I took her to her pediatrician this morning, they gave her an oral steroid and just said to keep an eye on her and push fluids. And reassured me that its contagious only as a common cold, which pretty much everyone has right now anyway, and if they don't they are bound to pick it up soon. Thankfully, she hasn't been acting worse then usual. A little more clingy, but I'm used to that, she's my sit on my lap child as it is, so nothing different. And she is sleeping fine, so that's great. Although, now that I write that, she'll probably be up all night.
All sickness aside, my trip was great. I flew down on Sunday morning for my Grandpa's 80th birthday party. We surprised them by showing up at church, and they were so excited. Then I drove out to the desert and stayed with Holly for 2 nights, and Amy for 1. It was so much fun to get a break and see my best friends. We decided to do a girls night, sans kiddos. We started it out at In n' Out (yum), then went bowling. The last time I went bowling was the night before Amy got married, 2 1/2 years ago. We concluded the night by getting ice cream. It was a fun, calorie filled, night! Holly has some pictures on her blog, so if you feel so inclined to check them out, here ya go.
Anyway, it is nice to be home. And to actually have some fall weather (the desert is still stinkin HOT). I just wish everyone were healthy!! All in good time I suppose.

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Sounds like it was a fun break!

Amy said...

It was so fun to have you down. I only wish you could have stayed longer!

Jen said...

Glad you enjoyed your get-away! Sorry about the sick-o's (including you)! Ethan's "cold" turned into croup like 3 or 4 different times! His doc said he was just "croup-prone." I hope Aubs is better soon!
~Jen