Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Festivities

Today I let the girls color Easter eggs. I really didn't wanna deal with the mess by myself, since Michael is at work all day, but when I went to the store a few days ago I found this cool set that lets you dye them by shaking them in a cup. So no messy blue/pink/yellow/green/purple water that will inevitably be knocked over and turn my kitchen into an Easter egg. They very much enjoyed themselves and wanted to do even more. Now they're just counting down the minutes until the Easter bunny comes and hides them, and as Hailey let me know, leaves them candy, eggs, and toys.

I also braved the cold with all three girls this morning and took them to the Annual Kuna Easter Egg Hunt at the local high school. They LOVED it. Hailey took off right away and started grabbing them. She would shake them first to make sure something was in them, lol, and if she threw them back on the ground, it means she didn't hear anything in them, so I quickly picked it back up and threw it in her basket, knowing that it meant there was a prize. Silly girl! Aubrie on the other hand didn't want to pick up all the eggs. She only wanted pink ones. It took her a few minutes but she finally started getting whatever was closest. I forgot my diaper bag, which had my camera in it, so I have no pictures of that. Bummer! Hailey's little friend Shad won first prize and got a new BSU bronco bike. Yay Shad!

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Your girls are gorgeous! And I love the egg kit, we did the old fashioned way and it was ridiculous.

Unknown said...

SOOOOO cute!
Hey, I am going to be going to Idaho for a wedding in July and was hoping we might be able to get together....how can I get ahold of you?
email me blondesdca@yahoo.com

Little D and B said...

Congrats on your beautiful family! How many girls do you have now?
Oh this is bracken
a hui hou