Monday, June 23, 2008

It's been a while...

Since I've sat down to post anything. It has not been a while though since I sat down, because that is ALL I have done the past 5 days. Sit on my rear end, sleep, or lay on the couch. My house is a mess, my children are cranky, and my butt is SORE from sitting. It's nice to be lazy every once in a while. but this is extreme.
So, why am I being so lazy? I have no choice. I broke my foot. I was simply walking out of my neighbors house, carrying Aubrie, and shutting the door behind me. Well I guess that was too much for me to handle. I tripped and must have landed wrong. I cracked the bone above my pinky toe, in two places. Nice huh!
So here I sit. I have to say, I am very lucky to have great family and friends. Hayden rushed to my house on Thursday to drop me off at the E.R. and take Hailey off my hands for a while. While the neighbor girl stayed here while Aubrie slept. My neighbor and friend Jill, took Aubs as soon as she woke up and had her the rest of the day. The next day Hayden brought us over tons of food! My MIL took the girls over night, even though they are such brats! Jill was here by 8:30 every morning to make sure I wouldn't have to attempt getting Aubrie out of her crib or the girls breakfast. She has had my girls more hours then I care to count. And I'll be surprised if we haven't eaten her out of house and home yet with how much food she sends this way or gives my girls. My other neighbor Heather made me a nice sandwich one day because I couldn't get the stuff out of the fridge, then she brought me over her wonderful ice machine. She also took Hailey for a while. My OTHER neighbor and relief society president brought me dinner. And my OTHER neighbor took Aubs for a while. Wow, I have some good neighbors! Even ANOTHER neighbor is coming to get both the girls to play today for a while.
And of course Michael has been a big help. I feel so helpless while I watch him clean, do dishes, get up in the night for the girls, get them fed, bathed, put to bed and everything else. Hopefully in a few days I'll at least be able to put some pressure on this foot and get rid of the crutches at some parts of the day.
My mom is coming tomorrow to help out, which will be a HUGE relief. Plus it'll give my neighbors a break.
The biggest bummer about this... I missed out on trying out for Wheel of Fortune. The wheelmobile came to Boise Saturday an Sunday, and I was SO excited to be able to go and try out. But I just was not up to it. I couldn't imagine trying to stay on my crutches for who knows how long. Hopefully someday I'll get my chance!
Well I've babbled on for long enough. I'm gonna do the one thing I can do, fold laundry.
Yes I know, I am a dork with brittle bones.

8 comments:

lance n sarah said...

I'm so sorry for you. It's so nice that you have so much help. My cousin lives in Idaho. Is your neighbor Heather Black by chance. If so she is my cousin. If not then oh well. just thought i'd ask. good luck and feel better.

Jill said...

I was wondering when you'd get around to posting about all this! Feel better and let me know if you need to send the girls down this way. Oh yeah, bargaining is not the same without ya.

Genny said...

I'm so sorry hun! I can't even imagine how hard that must be! It's crazy how the littlest thing could put us out of commission. I will be praying that you can get a walking cast and get around soon!

Sondra said...

Hope you are feeling better hun!

Sondra said...

Oh and I was actually talking to my friend that is from Idaho about going up to visit soon! What time of the year do you recommend going? :D

Queen Bitch said...

I knew I should have taken 'action shots' when I dropped you off at the ER. That would have made the post complete. Aubs seemed very comfortable with me today. Maybe she'll let me take her away now. The boys are so cute with her. It might do Zeph some good to have a little one around.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

yes yes, boo about your foot. But super boo about missing Wheel of Fortune! lol. I heard about that, my friend's sister went. Hopefully it will come around again.

Did you hear they did Amazing Race auditions here last month? We're on the map baby, lol.

Becca & Joel said...

That sucks about your foot! Is it feeling better by now? You're so blessed with awesome neighbors - still in the same neighborhood? Their names don't ring a bell - either you moved or got new neighbors since we moved out. Anyway - glad they took care of you!