Saturday, July 26, 2008

What time is bedtime?

The true life story of putting Hailey down to bed Thursday night after she took a nap that afternoon…

9:15- Me: Alright Hailey, it’s time to get in bed!

Hailey: 2 minutes Mom!

9:30 (a very long 2 minutes)-

Me: Let’s get in bed now Hailey.

H: I wanna read my Barbie books first! Leave the light on please.

I decide that its fine since I knew she took a nap today so was gonna have a hard time going to sleep. I let her have her 3 Barbie books and I leave the lights on.

9:45- after picking up the kitchen and front room, I am about ready for bed.

Me: Lights off Hailey

H: Noooooooo! Sing songs mom!

Me: Sing them to yourself for now, I’m gonna get in the shower. If you’re still up when I get out,

I’ll sing to you.

H: Ok, Mom.

10:15- I took a LONG shower hoping she’d be asleep when I got out. No such luck. I go towards her room to see if she’s out, and I can hear her singing. So I decide to do a few other things before I lay down. She hears me

H: Mooooom, all done showerin? Sing songs!

Me: Ok, 1 song. What song do you want to sing.

H: Church songs

Me: Which one?

H: Water one

Me: I don’t know that one, sing it to me.

H: Waaatteerr Chuuuurrrch sooooonnng (in a sing songy voice)

Me: Pick something else, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

H: Temple song

So we sing I love to see the Temple, she knows all the words and sings right along. Of course I give in when she asks and sing a few more songs. I tell her she needs to go to sleep now. I turn off all the house lights and get in bed. It’s now rounding 11.

11:10- I hear footsteps…

Me: Hailey, get in bed.

H: I’m thirsty Mom, just a wittle dwink of water please!! (she knows that I always have water on my nightstand) Back in bed she goes.

11:30- I am finally almost asleep, footsteps again, this time I hear her dragging her blanket and pillow.

H: Mom, choo choo scare me. I sleep on Mommy’s ground.

M: Fine, lay down, I don’t want to hear you.

11:40- Tapping on my blanket

H: Just a wittle dwink Mom?

Me: LAST ONE! GO TO SLEEP.

H: I gotta go pee (runs off to the bathroom)

From then till about midnight she is laying there talking to herself, humming, and tossing and turning. Finally around 12:05, all is calm. RELIEF! Only 3 hours later.

Moral of the story, No more naps for Hailey.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

that's hilarious!

Unknown said...

This is only really funny because if Will takes a nap that is EXACTLY our life!! After one night of it, we decided the nap wasn't worth it at ALL! Life is so much better without the nap, only because we have an evening semi-alone (ya know, since Spencer doesn't fall sleep until like 10, lol).

Carolyn said...

Hahah, that's totally Jordyn too if we let her nap! She's up allllll night. I loved your story, too funny!

Anonymous said...

Awww... thats so cute.

Amy said...

LOL. HA, thanks for entertaining me before I go off to bed.

Morgan Hagey said...

When Henry naps, that's exactly how our evenings go. NO NAPS!

Bethany said...

Hilarious! Talk about stalling!