Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life finally slowing down...

We've had a whirlwind of a couple of weeks, but finally things are getting back to normal.

We left for Arizona on Sunday the 30th. We weren't supposed to leave for a few more days, so when we found out that Michael could get Wednesday covered, we rushed to pack and get ready. Therefore we didn't get out of town until after 3. Well we realized that driving after dark on the Utah/Idaho border wasn't the smartest thing. It was snowing and icy. At one point I was turned around trying to calm Aubrie and Michael says to me, You need to turn around and put your seatbelt on. I brattily (quite the word huh), responded with, I was just getting Aubrie her paci, I'll put it back on... Fast forward literally 1 minute later... Round and round we go, spinning on ice. Thankfully Michael was able to control the car and keep us on the road. That's more then the other 4 cars we saw can say. I'll admit it, I was pretty scared, and Michael did admit that after the fact he was sort of nervous and thought we'd be off the road. We ended up stopping in Pleasant Grove and staying with my old roommate Dana. It was great to see her and her family.
The next morning we woke up at 5 am and hit the road. We made a few stops before reaching Gilbert, AZ. We stopped in flagstaff for a couple of hours to give the girls a break and get our oil changed. We finally reached our destination around 6.
It was great seeing our family. We had tons of fun.
One of the best parts of the trip was going out quading with Heidi's family. Hailey wanted to ride with Kylee the whole time!

My mom, Sandra, Michael and I went to a Phoenix Suns game. We watched them CREAM the Denver Nuggets.


Then we drove to California and stayed at Holly's house. We had way too much fun there! We played games, went shopping, hung out with friends, and went out to dinner. Thanks again Holly and Chad for being the greatest! I also got to see Amy while I was out there. I can't wait till her baby gets here!

For the last leg of our trip we drove to Las Vegas. We spent a few hours with my good friend Nikki, her husband John, and their almost 2 year old, Karli.

Well you'd think since we already had one bad experience driving after dark through the border of Utah/Idaho, we'd have learned our lesson... Well, I had. I told Michael we should probably stay in Utah, but he was insistent that we make it home. Well I woke up at one point and couldn't see the road. All I could see were HUGE snowflakes pounding our windshield. He told me to go back to sleep. So I gladly did. Come to find out later, that he was practically driving in a blizzard and his estimate was that it got up to 4 inches before got out of it. Thank goodness I was sound asleep, I would have had a heart attack I'm sure. He said he contemplated once or twice on turning around, but couldn't ever see an exit even, eek. But obviously, we made it home safely.

Now that we've been home, we're moving homes! It's been a crazy busy week, loading, unloading, unpacking and putting away. For the most part the house is put together, so that's nice. The girls are doing really well with the adjustment. Hailey loves her new house, new room, and new kitchen. Aubrie, I think, is just relieved to be back in her own bed, no matter where it is!

Anyway, I'll do a new post in a few days when the house is completely done, with pictures.

6 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

It was fun so see you guys! This made me realize that I'm pretty sure I took NO pictures of the girls!

Nancy said...

Glad you're alive and moved into your new home. I'll be in Boise in about a month so we'll have to do a playdate or something!

Holly said...

I miss you TONS and wish we lived closer to each other. Maybe one day...
I love you and had an awesome time!
Tell Mike it was pretty "ear-responsible" for him to drive through snow going home. hahaha!

Kelli said...

sounds like you had a blast in az..thx for calling me, jerk. ;) i know how it is...whenever we go to ut we have big ideas who we're gonna see then end up offending the ones we don't see. oh well, famliy first, right? and glad you made it SAFELY. i don't know what it is but that stretch between panguitch to page loves to claim lives!!

lance n sarah said...

Hey it's Sarah (Hardy) I got your blog from the myspace post. Hey i went to the hospital last night and took lots of pictures. What's your email and i can email them to you. Your girls are getting so big and they are way cute! Talk to you later.

Heidi said...

Hey, I'm glad you guys were able to come out here and visit! We had tons of fun and I know the girls had a blast playing with their cousins!