Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My journey of losing weight...

So I finally decided it was time to lose these extra baby pounds, yes, my baby is almost a year old, shh! For once in my life I actually looked in the mirror and felt fat. Putting my jeans on was depressing because they were so tight in my thighs (which has NEVER been a problem for me) and I always had a "Muffin-top". So I racked my brain as to how I wanted to go about dropping the weight. I had 20 lbs total I wanted gone. I would be ok with just losing 15, for now, but my goal really is 20. Anyway, I've never had to diet in my life. After I had Hailey the weight just fell off. I was wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans at 6 weeks post-partum. With Aubrie, they still don't fit. Sad story.
So I explored my options, eating healthy and exercising makes the most sense, and is generally the easiest. But I have a hard time eating healthy because I don't like vegetables. So I signed up for weight watchers. It is pretty much the same as counting calories, but instead they turn calories into "points". Which essentially is just a plot to scheme customers and make money, because I guess counting calories is too hard and no one wants to look at the box and figure it out. But if they can sit down and type in the food they ate and the computer spits out a point value, it just seems to much easier. And it is.
So I started the free online trial. I was hungry for the first few days because really its just taking what I used to eat, and cutting it in half. I never realized how much I overate. After I got used to the smaller portions, it became easier. After my first week, I dropped 3.5 lbs. And most importantly, I feel better. Don't get me wrong, I'm still no where close to my goal, and my thighs still disgust me, as does my baby belly, but I am 3.5 lbs closer to my goal then I was last week. So that's enough to keep me truckin! My free trial ended on Saturday, but I decided with the info my mom sent me (thanks mom!) and what I learned the first week, I can do it on my own. I guess if I don't drop at least 2 lbs this week, I'll actually pay for it, but I'm gonna see what I can do.
So besides eating less, and better, I have been trying to go to the gym a few times a week. I think Michael has been my biggest motivation, he'll take an hour and blow out 600 (no lie) or more push ups. Ha, I can do maybe 2. Plus on top of that, when we were in Arizona he put on a pair of jeans and looked at me and goes, "are these mine!?". Haha, no, they weren't. They were mine and looked SOOO much better on him. Now that's sad hey? I can already tell though, in just a week of working out, how much better shape I am in. Last night I ran 2 miles in 21 minutes and wasn't even dying. My goal is 3 miles in less then 30 minutes. I think its very attainable. A group of my friends are all trying to get in shape for a 5k in the coming months, so I figured I'd try also. Yeah, their times will all probably cream mine, but I just wanna finish it!
So everyone, keep me motivated! Make me accountable. I WANT THIS FATTY GONE! I'll update on sunday when I weigh myself again.