Saturday, December 15, 2007

Back to the drawing board...

Ugh. They decided to go with another family. I had a feeling I shouldn't get my hopes up. It was too good to be true. I'm going out with my friend Jill today to look at a few more (thanks Jill!!). Crossing my fingers!

So last night Daddy had brilliant idea to help Hailey go to sleep easier. I don't know if I mentioned it, but she takes almost 2 hours to go to bed for naps and nighttime. And it's not that she's not tired, because believe me, she is! She just wants one of us to rub her back. So we're at Costco and Michael sees this huge Elmo body pillow. No joke, its bigger then Hailey, AND her bed. So he thinks that he can bribe her with it. He asks her if she wants it, and of course she says, "Buy Momo, bring Momo home, peeeeeease Daddy". So we get home and give her the ginormous pillow... Slooooowly walk out of the room, shut the door.... breathe.... ... sigh of relief.

"MOOOOOOMMY"
Ugh!- I ignore her for a few minutes.
"DAAAAAAAADDY"
So I go back in.
"Mommy, back"
"No Hailey, I am not going to rub your back, go to sleep"
"Daddy, back"
"Hailey, you need to go to sleep. If you don't go to sleep I'm taking Elmo away"
"Momo go backa Caco!" (Costco)
"You don't want to sleep with Elmo?"
"No, Momo backa Caco."
"Alright"

I then take Elmo out of her room and shut the door. She proceeded to scream and cry for another hour or so. If I went in and asked if she wanted Elmo back, she was adamant that he was going back to Costco.

Back to the drawing board...

9 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a child that has sleeping problems. Jaron can't sleep unless he's holding my hair. It's terrible!! He refuses to sleep in his crib and won't fall asleep unless I'm holding him (and he's holding my hair.) We're at the drawing board too. SOOO frusterating!!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh - seriously I don't think she can get any cuter - Although I'm sure it's not cute when you're the one dealing with her not falling asleep. Did you take Momo back to Caco?

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

That sucks about the house! Hey, if you want one in Provo, you can have our! ;) I bet something will come through soon. Good luck!

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry about the house! :( Jordyn used to take 2 hours to sleep too, it was awful. We finally got her a nightlight and some music to listen to. Now she goes down without a peep! I hope you can find something that works for you guys. I feel your pain!

Morgan Hagey said...

Brie- I have to sit with Henry and hold his hand until he falls asleep. I feel your pain.

I'm SO sorry about the house!

Morgan Hagey said...

Brie- I have to sit with Henry and hold his hand until he falls asleep. I feel your pain.

I'm SO sorry about the house!

Kristy Martin said...

Been there, done that....Tanner was a lay with me kid the most, then it got easier to not give in with the others since I was busier! Kamryn also would 2 hours, and she was only one or two months older than Hailey when I had to take naps away to FINALLY solve the problem....it worked, but of course with a huge sacrifice on our part with having her up all day long!

Heidi said...

That's why Makenzie is still in a crib, haha!!

Anonymous said...

What do you think about WIKILEAKS?
Thank for all