Friday, December 21, 2007

Recent Happenings

  • We're mooooooooving. We have a place as of the 1st of January. It's a nice house, about the same size as this one, but it's SO much closer to Michael's work. He is the most excited I think. For me, it's bittersweet. I am excited for change, I enjoy change. New ward, hopefully new friends, new neighbors, etc etc. But I am finally beginning to feel at home here in Nampa (26 months later). I have a few good friends, ok maybe not a few, maybe one. I am starting to enjoy my ward, but at the same time, I find it kind of pathetic when people say hi and ask me how long I've been in this ward. Uhhhh, twice as long as you honey! Plus I am so not looking forward to packing, so anyone in the near vicinity, feel free to come pack your hearts out! I have a picture of the house, but it's on my cell phone and I haven't sent it to the computer. On Sunday we're gonna go measure and stuff so I'll take some then.
  • My little baby is growing up. She is such a big girl now. Totally has her own personality and spunk. It's kinda different because at this age is when Hailey started becoming the biggest brat. Aubrie seems to get sweeter everyday. She's walking along furniture now, and even standing on her own for a few seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if she started walking in the next little while, but I am TOTALLY not ready for that.
  • My mother in law headed to California for Christmas on Wednesday. So we decided to exchange gifts before she left. Kev was super excited because we got him a new guitar for his guitar hero. If Michael weren't his only brother, he'd still be his favorite. The girls had fun opening presents. Aubrie actually tore at the paper. I guess it helps that she LOVES to eat it. The girls got a few outfits, some tub toys, and books. Hailey is now chomping at the bit to open the presents under our tree. She grabs one, comes up to me and says, " Go Nana's house and open present?". She's going to have so much fun Christmas morning.
  • We're going on a vacation!!! Much needed I might add. We're leaving on the 3rd of January. Our first stop will just be for the afternoon in Utah. We'll see my favorite roommate from college, Dana, and her big belly (shes due in March!), and hopefully a few other friends if I can plan it. Then that night we'll head to Vegas, woohoo! I plan to gamble all of our hefty Christmas bonus away. Oooooh wait, I don't gamble. Not to mention there was NO Christmas bonus, besides sloppy kisses and tight squeezes. Which I supposes is much better then anything monetary. Wow, nice tangent. In Vegas we'll stay the night at Nikkis and hang out for a day probably. Hopefully we'll see my friend Alisa too. Then we'll head down to AZ to see my family. My grandparents will also be there! We'll be there from the 5th to the 9th or 10th, so mark your calenders and plan something fun! Then we'll head to Palm Desert. We'll be there until the 14th. I am way excited cause I get to see Holly and her new baby, Tyler! Yippee! And I also get to see Amy and her big belly. 2 more weeks.....
  • Nothing else really going on. Just getting ready for Christmas. Today Hailey and I made sugar cookies and decorated them. Hailey is getting into the Christmas spirit by watching Polar Express, 20x a day. I'm not quite sure what I am doing for Christmas dinner. I lack culinary skills... I told Michael that we may be having Ramen Noodles. Yum! So if anyone has an idea for a somewhat easy meal that would be perfect for the Holiday. Please, share!- Kate and Sara, I'm talking to you. I am always up to trying new things. I just need detailed instructions. The thing I am looking forward to most is Michael having a good chunk of time off. He gets Sunday-Wednesday off. I am just so pleased that the Holidays fell on those days so he could be home with us. It wouldn't be Christmas without him.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Looooong post!! and I made it on there , woohoo! jk! Anyways...I can't wait to see you and Mike and the girls!! I am soooooo looking forward to it! Can't wait! 20 more days! I miss you tooooooooooons!

Alisa said...

Of course i want to see you. We will be here so just let me know what your plans are and we will work around that. I think it would be nice if you guys came to my house so the girls can play and you can meet Luke. I live right off of the 95 so it's on your way to AZ. I can't wait!

Morgan Hagey said...

Brie! I'm so bummed! We are going to JUST miss each other in Utah!