Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy Busy

Sorry for the lack of updates... Things have been kind of hectic around here. Michael is working his butt off like usual. He's averaging like 20 hours of overtime a week. Makes for decent mula, but sometimes the girls don't see their daddy for like 48 hours. Which also means, Mommy doesn't get a break.
Both the girls are teething. Loads of fun. Aubrie's two top teeth are almost through, and Hailey's incisors are FINALLY starting to come, she has 1 of 4. Most kids get those WAY before now. Needless to say nights have not been so much fun. We took Hailey's pacifier away (yes, AGAIN) but this time for good. We took her to build-a-bear and let her build a Shrek. They were have a great deal! 20 dollars for the doll, an outfit, shoes, and sound. Normally over 40 dollars. We told her that if she wanted Shrek she had to throw all her yucky pacis in the trash. Which she gladly did. Sometimes I'll see her sneak one of Aubrie's but as soon as she knows that I noticed she says, "yucky paci!!" and throws it across the room. Little stinker!
We took Aubs to the dr. for her 9 month well check. She is 29 inches (95%) ,and 17 lbs (25%). It was the first time Michael was there for shots. Somehow he dodged all shot apts with both the girls until now. So as a loving wife, I let him leave the room while I held her to get poked, NOT! He had the pleasure of holding Aubrie while she got a flu shot and a finger prick. She didn't hardly make a peep. I'll be sure to send him to the next apt when she gets like 4 shots.
So we're in the process of looking for a rental. We found one that we LOVE. It is so much closer to Michaels work. Right now he is 26 miles from work and it takes about 35 minutes each way. This house is 7 miles from work and should take no more then 10 minutes. That'll save almost an hour a day for him! And so much gas money. We put an application in on Tuesday. There were a few other families that put in apps also, so we'll just have to wait and see. Pray for us! We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be in this house and so much closer to Michaels work.
It snowed the other day. Hailey loved playing in the snow. I'm on my desktop and the usbs don't work, so when I get on my laptop and get connect to the internet (the wireless is VERY shotty, at best), I'll post some snow pictures and other recent ones.
Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!!

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh! I hope you get the house! Fingers crossed! Maybe you could TAKE him to work, and then have a car!

Kristy Martin said...

Yeah, thats one more hour a day you guys can see him! I hope you get it!

Nancy said...

I understand how important daddy time is!! I hope you guys can find something closer to Michaels work. I've heard of actually putting the old pacifiers in a "build a bear" when it's assembled so the child can still "have" them... but not really. Hopefully Hailey can just enjoy her Shrek doll.