Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More snow....

Ugh. We woke up to another 2 or so inches. Yuck. I'm so ready for spring. It's cold, ugly, and depressing. Being cooped up in this house is so not fun. I think we've gotten over 10 inches in the past 2 weeks. Hailey loves it though. She tells me its raining snowmen. Lol. I have pictures of her playing in it, but I'm not sure where my camera cord is... I'll look today. I have TONS of pictures to post.

Michael started weapons training today. He has class today, then tomorrow is practice shooting, then Friday he has to hit the target to get certified. He is trying out for S.O.R.T., Special Operations Response Team, at the prison. So when there is riots and such he gets called. It's a pretty tedious process, first he had to get his application approved by the warden (done) then get weapons certified (in process). Then is the physical test. 20 push ups in an allotted time, 35 sit ups in 2 minutes, 1.5 mile in hills in 15 minutes. After he passes that he will have a bunch of interviews and see if he is mentally able (eek, thats the step I'm worried about ;)). Then if he get gets accepted they send him to Oklahoma for a week for training. They are only accepting 6 applicants, so wish him luck!

Oh, I almost forgot to update on my weight loss. I lost 2 lbs this week. I only worked out once last week, so I was pleased. This week I have already worked out twice so hoping for a good week!! I'm hoping I'll be in the 130s by the end of this week!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

boys and their toys! nate's obsessed with guns! he's applying for swat in oct so i know how mike feels. good luck to him!! ps: that raining snowmen comment is ADORABLE!