Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So, I really am NOT a paranoid person. I could careless if the world knows my name and the city I live in. But I've come to the realization that my husband works in a field that has evil evil people in it. He could say one wrong word, or gesture or face, and an inmate can have it out for him. And I'll admit it, it wouldn't be hard to find us. You just type my last name into google and it pops my blog up. I guess that's what I get for marrying someone with such a lame last name.
So because of all the murderers, child molesters, sex offenders in general, and assaulter's (what a weird word) that my husband will inevitably tick off (yes, my husband can be a jerk) I am changing my blog name.
This is where I need you. Yes, you. Please, help me come up with something to title my blog. My friends all have cute titles!! The Fab Five, Team Awesome, The Ing-Family, Our Bloggity-Blog, Adventures in the Land of LouLou (which by the way, has a CUTE new header, courtesy of yours truly). And I have Bollenberg. Blah Blah Blah. I mean, it's not even a cute last name. It's a Jewish last name! Not that there is anything wrong with being Jewish, but let's face it, I'm obviously not. My nose is completely normal sized. Lol, that was kind of mean. I dated a Jewish guy in high school, he was a cute guy, albeit his big nose.
Sooooo... creative people, HELP ME OUT PLEEEEEEASE.

Oh and for the record, I know that if wanted, the ex-convicts would find us, no matter. But I am just trying to make it a little harder for them. Come on, living a life of crime is just too easy, why not make them work a little?

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm not all that creative... but if you go into your blog settings you can make your blog private so it's not searchable anywhere. Only people who know the link can access it. Or you can password protect it... which is lame but keeps it super safe. Only people you invite to view the blog would be able to view it. I have friends that have done this because they are worried about child preditors.

Sabrina said...

Thanks Nanc... I'm not a fan of private blogs. I like that people can find mine and read it if they want. I just don't want to announce my last name to the world. When ya comin??

Joey Mazzarelli said...

People involved in law enforcement probably ought to keep their information private: phone numbers, etc.

But I think society in general buys into this fear thing way too much. Check the statistics. You should be more suspicious of your husband than your neighbor. You should be more wary of your own siblings than a stranger. Look it up. The boogie man ain't out to get your kids.

When you let the media tell you what to fear, you end up being dragged into wars on abstract ideas. This is your blog, I'll stop before I really start... Sorry. Feel free to delete this.

Sabrina said...

I completely agree Joey. I laugh when people think that someone is going to find their kids from their blog info and hurt them. The only reason I don't want my last name is because of Michaels job. Otherwise, I'd care less. Like I said, I am not a paranoid person.

Anonymous said...

I think its a smart move ... better safe than sorry. (I hate that phrase, but it makes sense)

Morgan Hagey said...

I voted. :) And we don't do the last name thing either because of Derek's job. He works with some freaking crazies.

Kelli said...

i'm the wife of an actual cop {haha, jk mike!} and stats DO prove to safeguard yourself. sorry brie's brother! cops seal their records for a reason! {what?~you said it's up for debate!} i don't like being private but hey, at least i know unknown people aren't checkin my family out...admit it, you go to people's blogs you dislike just to find out more gossip on them! haha! ;)

Joey Mazzarelli said...

Well, I did say people in law enforcement should protect themselves. It is actually part of their job to piss people off, and they have no control over the wackos they encounter.

However, if you are claiming that I, as a computer programmer, have a higher risk of having my kids abducted or abused by someone other than a relative or friend, then I'd really like to see these stats. Strangers are an irrational threat to most people.

In fact, I'd be willing to put a wager on this.

Kelli said...

Tell that to my friend Brick Allen who was stabbed repeatedly in the middle of the night by a stranger. He's lucky to be alive... But I pretty much agree. Most women murdered are done so by their baby's daddy, etc. But is going private even a bad thing?? I think not.

Joey Mazzarelli said...

My aunt won 2 million dollars in the lottery. Try telling her that buying lottery tickets is a waste of money. ;)

Anecdotes are just that: anecdotes. Evidence of nothing.

I never made any claims of things being good or bad or right or wrong. So, no, I don't think "going private" is a bad thing. (I don't think it's a good thing either.) That's a personal choice.

All I said was people tend to become irrational in their fears of things they don't know/understand. Strangers, the internet, foreigners, people of other colors, even new foods! And when we let those irrational fears dictate our behavior, we make irrational choices.

We should try not to have a prejudice against the unfamiliar.

Kelli said...

tell your aunt to share the wealth!