Friday, November 9, 2007

New Camera

My camera came in the mail yesterday. I was so excited. It's a Canon PowerShot S3IS. In the past 3 years I have had my fair share of digital cameras. Trying to find one that I just love and does exactly what I want it to do. Which is:
Take good looking pictures
Not instantly blur when my subject moves (seeing that my subjects are normally a 2 year old and 8 month old, this is very important)
Quick processing. It must be able to take a picture and turn around and focus again for another picture rather quickly. I always tend to miss perfect moments when its processing.
Durable (I have a 2 year old, enough said)
Good Zoom- sometimes I'm really far away and want to take a picture unnoticed.

Not too much to ask right? Yeah that's what I thought. First I had a Casio. At the time it was ok for what I needed. I didn't have kids and it was more of a "fun" camera. It crapped out rather quickly though. About a year ago we lost it when we were in vegas. It wasn't too much of a disappointment seeing as we were already looking for a new one. Then I bought a Sony Cybershot. Hated it! The picture were dark and grainy. They would look ok on the LCD screen, but once loaded on the computer, they were awful. So that was quickly returned to Costco. Next I had a Kodak Z something or other. It was great! The turnaround time on the pictures wasn't the best, but everything else was good that I let that slide. Well after 10 months of having it, something went wrong. The pictures were all over exposed and had lines through them. Heidi had the same exact problem with her camera ( same model ). So as sad as it was, I returned it. I bought another Kodak and HATED it. I returned it within a week. So for a while I was cameraless. I finally found one and decided to give it a try. The reviews were great. And I LOVE IT! The processing time is great, best I've had. I think this camera is going to last me a while. Which is such a relief since I am so sick of dealing with camera issues! Anyway, I'm done with my ranting. Here are some pictures from my new camera...
This is Aubs enjoying her pizza crust at Costco.


Hailey being a cheese ball- nothing new.

Aubrie just being cute.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so cute Brie! They are both getting so big.

Heidi said...

Soo cute!! I love Aubrie's bow, where'd you get it?!!? haha. Soo fun, glad you found a good camera..i still gotta mail my dumb one in. blah...

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

I have a Powershot, too, and I love it!!! :) Honestly, I KNOW the reason I never took pictures before is because they always came out blurry and bad, so I didn't bother. And the kids are absolutely adorable! I love Aubrie's little dimple!

Kristy Martin said...

YEAH!! Pictures are back! I'm glad you found one you liked! I agree it's kinda strange how they are all so different and hard to find one that just WORKS good!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a Sony Cybershot and I LOVE it. Its probable an older model than you had though, cuz Ive had it for two and a half years but its still chugging along fine. Glad you found one you like. As for babies, sometime here soon hopefully. Love ya Brie !

Manda said...

you have such cute girls! It's amazing how much Aubrie is looking like Michael! I'm glad you got a camera you like! Now come visit me! :)

Janelle said...

I've been looking for a new camera - thanks for the recommendation! Your girls are just the cutest.

Nancy said...

woah, Aubrie sure has grown since I saw her last!! Love all the pictures!!!