Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things I am Thankful for

A little late for Thanksgiving, but things around here have been kind of hectic, and Thanksgiving wasn't a very "thankful" day, so to speak. So I figured I'd take the time to write down some things I am grateful for, trivial or not.

* First and foremost, my family. All of them, children, husband, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, nieces and nephews.

* Fast food. As gross as it is, and fattening, there are just some days where I am pooped! I am so thankful I can call Michael on his way home from work and ask him to pick me up some love handles with a side of grease at Panda Express.

* Modern medicine. Tylenol, Immodium, Exedrine Migraine, Anti-depressants, Dulcolax, Infant gas drops, origel, jet alert, Advil and much much more. No, I am not a druggy, and actually I don't even like to take medicine, but sometimes you just have to be grateful for the presence of it in your life, whether it effects you directly or indirectly.

* Criminals. Yes the world would be a much happier place, and carefree without druggies, murderers, drug dealers, rapists, chomos, tax evaders, fraudulent people, but then my husband would be out of a job.

* Naptimes. And the fact that my daughters simultaneously take naps, which then allows mom to grab her pillows and blanket, lay on the couch and fall fast asleep.

*Vacuums. Aubrie puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. I vacuum 2 times a day and she still finds the crumbs on the floor. But can you imagine how much crap she would have consumed had their been no vacuums invented?

*Charmin Toilet Paper. Nothing else is soft enough. I hate going to other peoples homes and needing to use the restroom only to find gas station toilet paper (I use the term toilet lightly, as it really feels like paper).

*Clorox wipes. Oh the ease.

*Good Friends. Be it friends you see daily, friends you "type" with daily, friends you talk on the phone with daily, or even just friends that you haven't seen in years, good friends are hard to come by, so I'm grateful for the ones I have.

*E-bay. Whatever you do, buy or sell, its a good place to make money and save money.

*Good TV. Mindless, drama filled, slutty, ridiculous, moral less television makes for good tv and something to do when everyone else is sleeping. Tila Tequila, come on, how much trashier does it get, but I love it!

*Churros and a sprite at costco. My guiltiest pleasure of them all.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute blog!! Makenzie actually did pretty well during the movie.. Kylee got a bit ansy near the end, and Zadi dumped popcorn over her head! haha, I thought it was a cute movie.. If Hailey sits through Shrek and other movies I bet she'd do fine!!

Holly said...

I love the random things your thankful for! Really makes you think what life would be like without some of them. I came home today to the power being out at my house due to the rainstorm and I am sooooo sooo thankful for electricity! I was going crazy without it for an hour. How did George Washington get by?!?!

dawn224 said...

that is the BEST thankful list I've ever read!

Kelli said...

hey girl! i've emailed/called ya a couple times since i last saw you {geez, we were both preggo so it's been a loooong time!} but ya never got back to me soooo...guess i gotta blog stalk ya. how the crap did i even find you?! weird, found your sister's through my friend rach! anywho-you&michael look like you're doing great and your daughters are too dang cute!! take care lovey!