Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wrath of Sickness

So it has consumed us, completely and entirely. Started with me last Sunday, I got a slight cough, thought nothing of it. Turned into a sore throat. Which then turned into Michael having a sore throat. And you know what irritates me the most about that. When I was the only one feeling sick, it was no big deal, he probably didn't even believe me. The days went on as normal, Mom did everything, no changes. But the second he got sick, you better believe (because he sure did) that his sore throat and cough was 100x worse then mine. Men=babies. Enough said.
Well Thursday Hailey got it bad. She wouldn't eat anything. The poor girl wouldn't even swallow her own saliva. She cried all night. Forced me to sleep on the couch because she wanted in my bed, and I don't do well with 2 year old feet on me all night.
2 doctors appointments, 2 prescription medicines, 3 LOOOOOONG nights, 8 crazy tantrums, 10 dripping Popsicles, and 2 MAJOR headaches (belonging to me) later, she is finally feeling a little better. Phew. Just in time for Aubrie to break out with a fever. Will it ever end? At least the bossman finally manned up and stepped in. He is sleeping on her bedroom floor tonight so I can try and rest. I just pray Aubrie lets that happen.
Here's to a better week!

And if anyone knows why men get so much sicker then women, please, enlighten me.

1 comment:

Kristy Martin said...

Tell me about it....I had it for days, and then Brian woke up last sunday morning, and said he couldn't go to church cause his head hurt! I was like, oh, you mean this headache I've had for 5 days! We didn't leave bed most of the day....it was a fun day at church with 3 kids alone!