Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's after midnight...

And I am still wide awake.

Why? You may wonder... Because every 15 minutes Aubrie wakes up (that is if she was ever asleep) and starts crying. She doesn't want to be rocked, if I take her out she just wants to play. If she does this a few more times, in go the ear plugs.
And please, don't feel bad for my husband that wakes up for work at 4:20... because he sleeps through EVERYTHING! Trying to wake him up for any reason is near impossible. Like last night, I needed to know what time to set the alarm for him to wake up... He kept muttering something about chow and west wing movement. Then he told me to set his alarm for 1:30 am... uhhh no. I finally got irritated after the 10th time of asking that I pried his eyelids open and said, JUST WAKE UP FOR 1 MINUTE AND TELL ME WHAT TIME YOU NEED THE ALARM SET FOR! It worked, he muttered 4:23. In the morning, he had no recollection of the aforementioned conversation at all.
She's quiet right now. I give it 4 more minutes and she'll be whining again. Isn't being a mom just great sometimes. Just for a few days (or maybe just 9 hours at night) I would love to be the dad.

No comments: