Thursday, May 1, 2008

Growing up...

That is exactly what my children are doing. It's inevitable. Sometimes you just don't want them to change at all, stay their sweet innocent childlike selves. But some changes are welcome... These changes were more then welcome in our home.

Hailey is now 100% potty trained. She did it herself one day. She has had maybe 2 accidents in 3 weeks. She even stays dry all night long. She loves wearing her big girl undies and would change them 5x a day if I let her. She adores the "wittle" potty at church that is just her size. She tries to leave sacrament constantly saying she has to pee, just so she can go use that toilet. Silly girl!

Aubrie is now (at nearly 14 months) a walker! She still crawls here and there, but she is now starting to chose walking over crawling. We knew she could do it, she just didn't care to. Shes much happier now too. And she's sleeping better at night again, could there be a connection?

While seeing my children grow and become their own little people can be heart wrenching at times, seeing them accomplish milestones like these make it all worth it.

6 comments:

Christina said...

What a sweet post! The day that potty training is 100% is such a fantastic day! Brooklyn did the same thing with the little potty at church! Kids growing up...it's a love/hate relationship!

Janelle said...

Awww, what a cute post. I'm proud of Hailey, what a big girl. Who knows when Jett will get there. It sounds like the nights are getting better, too. Could there be anything better than that? lol

Kristy Martin said...

Payton did/does the SAME thing in sacrament meeting. It's getting lesser, but I swear as soon as we sit down she says, I gotta peepee. I was taking her up to four times that hour the first couple weeks! Now she'd gotton over it, but it's still at least once. (and of course nothing still comes out, cause it's only 8:30 am and she's still on empty!) Good job Hailey!!

Amy said...

WOW... How fun and exciting. As much as I want to see Justice do those things, at the same time I don't want him to grow up! I know it seems far off, walking and potty training, but it will come by soon. I mean, it seems like yesterday you were pregnant with Hailey. XOXO

Sondra said...

Hey hun.....I am so excited for you and thank you for everything that you have done for me, you have made my life so much better :D

dawn224 said...

sleeping better? ohhhh there's hope for my world!