Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thanks Jessica!!

Blog hopping pays off :). Holly's neighbor, Jessica, who is a darling, sweet friend, read my blog and happens to have an extra phone collecting dust. Now I can stop wondering if Michael is on his way home from work, or if something happened while at work.

And we'll have no more "incidents" like yesterday. I laid Aubrie down for bed, grabbed a monitor (which I haven't used in MONTHS) threw some batteries in it, and ran across the street to get Hailey from the neighbors house. Well I could hear Aubs fine (she was asleep anyway) so I turned the monitor down to eliminate the loud static while chatting for a few short minutes with my neighbor. I turned the monitor up every few minutes and even ran across the street 2 times to make SURE she was asleep still. Well I was there for 20 minutes (I know I know, I'm an awful mom). I get a call on my cell phone from Michaels S.O.R.T phone, which he is only supposed to use in emergencies. Well he deemed this an emergency because he came home, closed the garage, walked into what he thought was an empty house, called out my name, the girls names, etc. Went into Aubs room to find her asleep. Confused and sort of worried, he called me. I told him I had a monitor and he laughed and said, yeah a lot of good that did since you NEVER heard me walk into our house! Whoops! He said next time he's gonna load Aubs up and leave, just to scare the bageezies outa me. Soooo, I have learned my lesson, and in the future I'll leave the monitor turned up, or watch the lights better, and I will lock all the doors if I am leaving my child for the shortest time. BUT it will still be nice to have a heads up phone call from him, so I know he is on his way.

So yes, now you all know that I am not nearly as perfect as you once thought ;).

THANKS AGAIN JESSICA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOOO welcome :) I am so glad I can put that phone to use instead of just collecting dust!